A dojo instructor, both new and experienced, would benefit from this course. It is designed for instructors who teach students who are mostly beginners or not very experienced. Emphasis is placed on the basics and skills development in a relatively short time frame of interaction between the instructor and the participants (eg 1 or 2 lessons per week). This course addresses a wide range of instructors and provides the basic building blocks of instruction as set forth in the NCCP Karate Canada program.
Participants who complete this course will be instructors as part of the training and may continue to complete instructor certification or transition to the NCCP competition to become trained or certified coaches. Contact Karate BC to learn more about BC instructor and coach trips (firstname.lastname@example.org). In this course, the participant will gain experience and training in the following areas:
Learning and learning
- Self-reflection on teaching style and philosophy
- Assessment tools that allow participants to continue working independently to improve their effectiveness as teachers
- Implement interventions that support learning
Make ethical decisions
- Apply a step-by-step decision-making process based on the NCCP Code of Ethics
- Consider the factors that affect technical and tactical performance
- Observation and definition of key performance factors
- Application of motion principles to detect and correct key performance factors
Course: NCCP Beginner’s Guide
Terms: 8-9 January 2022
Saturday, January 8:
T&L: 0800-1700 h
Sunday, January 9:
MED / ATP: 0800-1700 h
West Coast Gojukai Dojo: # 2-99 Moray Street, Port Moody, BC
$ 170 for Karate BC members ($ 315 for non-Karate BC members)
Manual: You will be sent a link to a digital copy of the manual for this course. You will be able to view this document on your computer, tablet, phone during the course, if you wish, or you can use the link to the nearest copier (eg Staples) and have it printed.
Minimum participation requirements 14 years and green belt.
Fill in the online registration form HERE.
NOTE: The date of registration for the course is December 31, 2021. There is a limit of 15 people for this course.
- No lunch or food / drink will be provided. If necessary, please bring your own food / drink.
- The course starts on both days immediately at 8 o’clock.
- Your course leader for this lesson will be: Donna Gardecki
- ACTION: Please register before the deadline. This will ensure that you receive the correct guides before the course weekend.
Course leader: Donna Gardecki
If you have any questions, please contact Coach Development Coordinator Donna Gardecki at email@example.com.